Peace, Love & Knowledge

For those who love the earth, healthy food, and all things natural. Enjoy:)

Monday, March 18, 2013

Breaking through your restraints and confinements.


Breaking through your restraints and confinements.

                You know, I was standing in the kitchen earlier with my sister and we were just having a good ol’ time eating green grapes. Suddenly, I took a grape and I threw it at her. After the initial shock of the moment, she looked at me and said, “Why in the world did you do that?” My answer was simple yet straight to the point. I did it because I wanted to prove to myself that I could.

                We all, meaning us humans, sort of just walk around and begin to feel as though we follow an invisible set of rules. It’s an invisible, silent set of regulations that keep us from doing the outlandish sort of actions that may be seen as random or absurd. If you don’t agree with me then call me crazy but it’s almost as if many people wouldn’t have thrown that grape at their sister just because there was no real need to. However, what I’m trying to say is that you don’t NEED to be a point to do anything in this life! Who’s to tell us what to do or what to say? Why do we need amendments telling us we have a freedom of speech? Did the cave men have amendments to such rights? No, not at all.  I’m not an except at cavemen-isms and maybe that wasn’t a good example but you get the gist of it. I read about the few people that really have done something with their lives and it didn’t have to be for a cause or to reach a goal. They did it because they could. Whatever it is we want to do is completely possible but we follow those invisible rules telling us not to do it. Here’s another example.  A middle aged man is just coming home from his nine to five job and sits down to have some dinner. He has a flash back to when he was younger and had a dream to travel the world. He laughs to himself thinking, “Ahh those were the good times, when anything was possible.”…………..dude, go travel the world. Quit your job, pack your bags and get out of the freaking house. GO LIVE YOUR LIFE! Break the invisible rules! Break your constraints! Rules were made to be broken and challenged. Regrets are heavier than the largest anchor.

Alright that was my rant for the day, if you have anything to say comment below, you may regret it if you don’t :p

-Gloria

0 comments:

Post a Comment